depicting their way of life and is not a narrow religion idea."
1996 AIR 1113, 1996 SCC (1) 130 Dr. Ramesh Yeshwant Prabhoo vs Shri Prabhakar Kashinath Kunte & Others, Supreme Court of India.Trust, the Foundation has adopted in its trust deed the meaning of the word 'HINDU' and the term 'HINDUISM' as defined by the Supreme Court of India.
Hindu Spiritual and Service Foundation is an entity dedicated to upholding the values of Hinduism, and imparting them to future generations. The Foundation commenced its journey in 2011 in Chennai, and has since completed over 20 events to fulfill its core ideologies. As a Public Charitable Trust, the Foundation has adopted in its trust deed the meaning of the word 'HINDU' and the term 'HINDUISM' as defined by the Supreme Court of India.
Through its activities & events, HSSF focuses on:
- Revalidating the concept of service in the Hindu tradition, as the way "to Attain Moksha – "Athmano Moksharthom Jagot Hitoya Cha"
- Showcasing the multifarious service activities undertaken by Hindu spiritual and service organizations, big and small, at local, national and global levels, so as to give a true picture of philosophy of Hinduism.
Hinduism is more than a religion, it is a philosophy of righteous living and being with oneself and thereby with the Universe itself. The very core of the Foundation therefore is to instill this ideology amongst hearts and minds of people who have been led astray by modern world’s hectic life.
HSSF further believes that "Value Building is Nation Building and therefore strives to:
- Reach out all educational institutions inspire and motivate them to adopt its distinct and unique Samskarams.
- Shape the mind, thinking, conduct, character and lifestyle of young Indians.
- Influence and inspire the young boys and girls to revere and respect parents, elders, teachers, women, nature and nation.
- Prepare the young minds to measure up to their national and global responsibilities of Bharat that is rising as Geo-political, economic and cultural power.
- Present an alternative-paradigm of life for the world, based on the time-tested and timeless eternal values of Bharat to the world at cross-roads.